Monday, June 25, 2012

Crock-Pot Pizza

I like to collect cookbooks - its really an obsession.  I have at least 10 cookbooks for slow cookers.  I have several other types of cookbooks too.  One of the ones I recently rediscovered was the 2002 Taste of Homes cookbook I had on a shelf.   I found this recipe that I had made a few years ago.  It used to be on my regular rotation, but somehow I forgot about it.  So glad I found it to make again.

1 package wide egg noodles (12 oz) - cooked
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 pkg sliced pepperoni, halved (3 1/2 oz)
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (12 oz)
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese (12 oz)

Brown ground beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, drain.  Stir in spaghetti sauce and Italian seasoning.  Coat 5 qt slow cooker with non-stick spray, spread a third of the meat sauce.  Cover with a third of the noodles and pepperoni.  Sprinkle with a third of the cheeses.  Repeat layers twice.  Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through and cheese is melted. 


Personalize the Crock-Pot Pizza with your own toppings - mushrooms, sausage, vegetables, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment