Friday, June 8, 2012

Shredded Chicken Sandwiches

Shredded Chicken Sandwiches - One of my favorite slow cooker recipes.  I always double or triple this and freeze the extra. Then I can pull it out of the freezer, drop it in the slow cooker and get on with my day.  I got the basis for this from a Taste of Homes recipe book and modified it just a bit to fit our families needs.

Shredded Chicken Sandwiches -
4-5 chicken breasts (I use frozen)
1 pkt dry onion soup mix
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
1/4 cup water
1 pkg crushed stuffing mix
hamburger buns

Place chicken in the slow cooker.  Add dry onion soup mix, garlic powder, dressing and water.  Cook on low for 8 hours.  Remove chicken and shred.  Place chicken back in slow cooker.  Add crushed stuffing mix to attain the desired consistency of shredded chicken mix.  Serve on hamburger buns.

No comments:

Post a Comment