Saturday, June 9, 2012

Slow Cooker Cheesy Ham Au Gratin

I'm always on the lookout for comfort food made easy.  I've always loved Au Grain Potatoes and scalloped potatoes.  The thing I don't like - is all the work of slicing the potatoes.  This recipe makes it easy!  My kids are picky so I just use a can of regular whole kernal corn - not the Mexicorn.  I also buy the package of cubed ham so it cuts down on another step for me.  From Pillsbury.com
 
 
3 cups milk
1  (10 3/4-oz.) can condensed Cheddar cheese soup
2  (5-oz.) pkg. cheesy scalloped potatoes with skin-on potatoes
2  cups diced cooked ham
2  (11-oz.) cans Green Giant® SteamCrisp® Mexicorn® Whole Kernel Corn, Red and Green Peppers, drained
2  cups boiling water

Spray 3 1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
In large bowl, combine milk, soup and contents of seasoning packets from potatoes; blend well.
Add potatoes, ham and corn; mix well. Pour mixture into sprayed slow cooker.
Pour boiling water over potato mixture; stir to mix.
Cover; cook on low setting for 7 to 8 hours.
To shorten the cooking time, turn the slow cooker to high and cook for half of the time recommended for the low setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment